Important: Allow the Email Extractor to access your Apple Mail data
macOS Mojave (and later) now bans apps from accessing certain folders for security purposes. To extract email addresses from Apple Mail, you need to enable access to the Apple Mail data.
Follow the steps below:
- Pull down the Apple menu and choose ‘System Preferences’
- Choose “Security & Privacy” control panel
- Now select the “Privacy” tab, then from the left-side menu select “Full Disk Access”
- Click the lock icon in the lower left corner of the preference panel and authenticate with an admin level login
- Now click the [+] plus button to add an application with full disk access
How do I extract email addresses from a specific folder in Apple Mail?
Launch Apple Mail.
Select the Apple Mail folder in question, press keyboard shortcut ⌘A to select all the emails inside the folder.
Click menu "File > Save As". Choose "Raw Message Source" in the format field on the save dialog, then press the Save button.
Drop the saved file onto Email Extractor to extract email addresses.